Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) consists of two parts: cellulose and hydroxyethyl branch. Hydroxyethyl cellulose is a nonionic water-soluble polymer which is prepared by reacting purified cellulose with sodium hydroxide to form an alkali cellulose colloid, and then adding ethylene oxide to the colloid. It has good properties of thickening, emulsifying, suspending, dispersing, retaining moisture and resisting microorganisms.
CAS No.: 9004-62-0
|Appearance||White or yellowish powder|
|Degree of substitution||1.8-2.3|
|Fineness||100 mesh 98.5% passed, 80 mesh 100% passed|
|Viscosity（Brookfield RVT2%,20℃）||5000mPa.s-50000 mPa.s|
Physical and Chemical Properties:
1. Provide excellent leveling property without sag, wrinkles, etc.
2. It is not affected by the pH value of the system, and it has excellent compatibility with other components such as pigments, additives, salts or electrolytes.
3. Improve splash resistance, excellent sag resistance and good workability.
4. Reduce the usage of associative thickeners and reduce costs.
5. Easy to disperse, effectively prevent agglomeration.
6. It can be dissolved in hot water or cold water with a simple mixing device, and the solution can be directly added to the product.
7. It will not reduce the surface tension of the product and produce unnecessary foam in the production process.
Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) can be widely used in suspension polystyrene, styrene, emulsion and acrylate new latex coatings, colorful coatings, ion exchange resins, daily chemicals, oilfield drilling, building materials, textiles, printing and dyeing, coinage machining and other fields.
Packaging & Storage & Shelf Life:
Michem® Hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC)
Packaging: 25 kg / bag (customized packaging and weight available)
Inner: PE plastic film bag, outer: PP woven bag.
Storage: Store in a ventilated, cool, dry environment, to prevent the sun and rain.
Shelf life: 12 months since the production date.
Please make test before use if the product is out of the expiring date.